Saturday, June 1, 2013

Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes (Shawnee Pulsipher)

I am going to try and branch out and put other recipes on this blog besides main dishes :) I thought I would start with these pancakes. They are the bomb! Also, you can add different variations to your liking! Here is the way we like them best.

Mix together well in a large bowl:
2 cups whole wheat flour
4 Tbs. Sugar
2 Tbs. baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped pecans

In another bowl add together and mix well:
2 eggs
2 cups of milk (I have used almond milk with great results)
4 Tbs oil (I have used canola, olive, and coconut)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1-2 ripe mashed bananas

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated. Cook on a greased griddle top at 300 degree's.

No comments: