Sunday, October 23, 2011

Roasted Broccoli



So I have seen this recipe floating around Pinterest and it claimed to be "the best broccoli of your life" so I decided to try it. While I don't know if it was the best broccoli of my life, I did think it was very tasty, and Jared loved it. It makes a great side and is a new twist on cooked broccoli.


2 heads of broccoli cut into florets

5 1/2 tablespoons olive oil

salt and pepper

4 garlic cloves peeled and sliced

zest of a lemon

juice of a lemon

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese

toasted pine nuts-optional (I didn't have any so I didn't use them)


Preheat oven to 425. Put broccoli, 5 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper (I just did a generous sprinkling of both) and garlic on a large cookie sheet and toss to coat. Bake for 20-25 minutes until broccoli is crisp tender and has some blackened parts. Take out of oven and add 1 1/2 Tbs. of olive oil, zest lemon over the top, squeeze on some lemon juice, top with parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Enjoy!

1 comment:

-Kyle and Emily- said...

I make potatoes almost the same way, except no lemon. They are really good as well. Can't wait to try this recipe!