Monday, October 14, 2013

Sweet Potato Cauliflower Curry


Recipe and Picture from Noreencooks.com

Another Curry recipe! One of the reasons I try so many curry recipes is because so many of them are vegan! I have tried even more than I have put on this blog. Only my favorites make the cut. You can serve this with naan, brown rice, or jasmine rice.

1 onion diced
1 head of cauliflower cut into small florets
1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
1 can chick peas rinsed and drained
1 can coconut milk
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tsp. Garam Masala
1/2 to 1 Tbs. curry powder (I probably used about a little more than a half)
salt to taste

I cooked this is a large pan on the stove, but I also think you could do this in your crockpot on high for 3-4 hours. I would just cook the onion first.

Heat 1-2 Tbs. olive oil in a large sauce pan, or pot and saute onions until they become soft. Add curry, and garam masala and stir well for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, broth, sweet potato, and cauliflower. Bring to a boil, cover, then let simmer until vegetables become soft. I think ours took about 30 min on medium low heat. When your veggies are soft, add the chick peas and heat though. Season with salt and serve!

No comments: