Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vegetable Sandwhich with hummus and olive tapenade

Vegetable sandwhich with hummus and olive tapenade
Recipe from: www.ezrapoundcake.com

Oh goodness, I love this sandwhich! It is so perfect for summer, but really I would eat it every day! The sandwhich idea I got from Ezra Pound Cake, but I found the olive tapenade recipe by looking on allrecipes.

2 slices whole-wheat bread
1/2 cup hummus. Homemade or store-bought, any flavor. I have also just used mayoniase when I didn't have hummus and I liked it just as much.
1 tablespoon black olive tapenade
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
Feta cheese

Black Olive Tapenade:
1 cup olives
1-1/2 tablespoons capers, drained
1 garlic clove, finely minced
1/8 cup minced fresh parsley leaves (or scant 1 Tbsp. dried)
2 - 3 grinds of black pepper
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients except oil in a food processor.
Slowly add the oil and pulse, retaining some bits of olive and caper for texture.

Spread one side of bread with hummus or mayo, and the other side with tapenade. Top hummus side with cucumber slices, carrot, and sprinkle with feta. Place tapenade side on top to form sandwhich.

No comments: