Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BBQ Quesadillas

Hello! I know it has been FOREVER, but what can I say? Having my 3rd child really threw me for a loop. I'm lucky if I do a post on our family blog. Hopefully these next few recipes will help make up for my slacking.

BBQ Quesadillas
Adapted from : Our best bites
1/2 cup black beans
1/3 cup frozen or canned corn
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1 lrg tomato, chopped
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I just used cheddar but you can use whatever you have)
1 cup cubed extra firm tofu
1/3 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's)
6 taco sized tortillas

In a large skillet heat sesame, olive, or vegetable oil until hot, then add tofu. Season with Mrs. Dash, or any grill seasoning that you have on hand. We sometimes add a splash of soy sauce, and worchestershire to it too. Cook until tofu has shrunk in size and is crispy. Ours usually looks kind of like blackened chicken by the time we're done.

Next, combine everything in a large bowl and stir well. Scoop about 1/3 cup of the mixture on one side of the tortilla and fold over. Cook on medium high heat in a skillet until both sides are lightly browned and crispy.

No comments: