Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fettucine with tomato sauce

Ok, so I know I do a lot of pastas, but since I cook meat free, they are one of the more filling, cheap things to make! Also, they usually don't taste too bad either :) This pasta is from the Pioneer Woman Cooks, and she hasn't let me down yet with a recipe!

1 lb. fettucine noodles cooked
28 oz tomato sauce
1 small onion diced
4 garlic cloves minced
2 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. olive oil
pepper
salt
dash of sugar
1 cup of heavy cream
shredded parmesan cheese
fresh basil (or dry)

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil and butter. Add tomato sauce, pepper and salt to taste, and a dash of sugar. Mix well and then let simmer on low for 20-25 min. Stirring occasionally. When your pasta is done cooking, take tomato mixture off heat and add cream, parmesan cheese (I used about 3/4 cup), and basil. Pour your noodles into you sauce and mix well. You can top with more parmesan cheese if you want!

No comments: