Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spinach Tomato Mushroom Pasta with Feta

I adapted this recipe from ourbestbites.com. I made it tonight and I thought it was yummy and easy!

8 oz. Penne pasta
1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
3 c. fresh spinach
1 onion, finely chopped
5-6 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
A handful of fresh mushrooms, chopped
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
Salt and pepper to taste

Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and add pasta. Cook according to package directions. In the meantime, heat a little olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until tender. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Add tomatoes, heat through, and then add drained pasta and crumbled feta. Add salt and pepper to taste. Heat through and serve; top with more feta if you want.

1 comment:

Cairen said...

That sounds really good, I think I will try it.