Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Chili

I posted a recipe I came up with for Chili quite a while ago. I have since decided that I don't like that recipe, deleted it, and am posting this new one in its place :) We love eating it with corn muffins!

1 small onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 bag bocca crumbles
1 can italian diced tomatoes with juice
1 can kidney beans drained
1 can black beans with juice
1 can chili beans (vegetarian kind)
onion powder
garlic powder
1-2 Tbs. chili powder
1 big squirt ketchup

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onions become soft. Add crumbles until crumbles have thawed and are warmed all the way through. In medium pot combine all ingredients (if it seems a little too thick, add a half can of water) and let simmer for 20-30 min. I use 1 Tbs. chili powder, but you can always add more. Also I just give a generous sprinkling of the garlic and onion powder.

No comments: