Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Easy French Bread

I had never made bread until I made this. It was very easy, and super yummy! Also, I did not have a mixer, so I just mixed and kneaded the dough with my hands. Thanks for the great recipe Cairen!

Combine in a large bowl, or mixer:
3 cups hot water
2 Tbls dry active yeast
2 Tbls sugar
1 Tbls salt
2 Tbls butter
7 cups flour

Mix all ingredients on low till mixed. Then mix on high for 4 minutes. Divide into four rolled logs. Grease cookie sheet and sprinkle bottom with corn meal. Let dough rest for 30 minutes. Bake for 20 min. at 400 degrees.

2 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

It's not part of the recipe, but I like to brush the bread with olive oil after it's done and sprinkle with basil

The Jones Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.